Sunday, December 30, 2012

Rub a dub dub...chubby bitch in a tub


My two Sean's birthdays came and went, as did Christmas. We survived, and as much as I roll my eyes at my husband's Christmas organization system, I must admit things went VERY smoothly because of his system.

Christmas was drama free, with the exception of an argument with my mother regarding gun control. I don't like discussing politics with family and friends. It never goes well. Each person feels so passionately about their side of things, you can't change someone's mind...so why ruin a good night with bickering?

I also had a really good conversation with a close friend of mine talking about the evils of Facebook. I have found that for my sanity, going on once every couple of weeks is good for me.  Here is a shocker for you, some people make up shit about themselves on the internet! From people who are making their own organic baby food, to those to make their children's clothing, the chances of me feeling worse about myself then before I went on Facebook are pretty good. My friend and I also noticed that Facebook makes us mourn the life we had before we became moms. Yes, I know....can you believe it? Please don't tell the moms that post how MUCH they love their kids...on Facebook!
But I thought about it...sure, my husband and I had it pretty good before I got knocked up for the first time. We slept in until 11am, went for brunch, and strolled around outside hand in hand. *Sigh*
But I also remember wondering, when are we going to get married, when are we going to have babies? Well...here it is girlfriend, staring you right in the face! Be careful what you wish for! 

Before I met my husband, I had some fun nights out raising hell. But, honestly, my best times have been staying in with a bottle of wine and pizza and good friends. Not worrying about which of us is sober enough to drive home.

Now, the title explanation...took a bath the other night. I haven't taken one in years..now I know why it has been so long. First of all, our tub is small as hell. Second, I need to lose some weight...the bubbles were not covering up all the parts. "Not so SEXY!" (Insert Fat Bastard from Austin Powers voice here).

Now some pics....
"Hey Shorty, what your name is?"

My son has swagger! Do you see him trying to get this little girl's attention? I love it!!



My December Birthday Boys

 
He's Sexy and He Knows it!!

Happy New Year!
May your hangover be painless, and tums be plentiful!

Love,
G

No comments:

Post a Comment